My Scented Candle range was created out of the need to provide a neutral coloured candle that was perfect to give as a gift or display in peoples homes, with beautiful, simplistic fragrances that are easy to fall in love with all at a reasonable price. They are hand poured with soy wax and a combination with a choice of 4 simple yet beautiful fragrances:
Apple Blossom & Pear – a fresh & gentle fragrance with soft fruity notes
Coconut & Musk – exotic and seductive with a musk base and notes of creamy coconut
Lychee & Monoi de Tahiti – a sparkling, effervescent, elegant fragrance with a winning accord of Lychee & Monoi de Tahiti
Tuberose, Jasmine & Mediterranean Fig – with warming notes of fig and the sensual and hypnotic scent of Tuberose and Jasmine
Please visit our website to find out more: www.thesecretscentsociete.co.uk
Finally! we have released our long awaited candle range: Wood Wick Soy Candles.
Handmade in our London Studio using sustainable soy wax, a choice of 4 of our most spellbinding fragrance blends and a natural wood wick, these beautiful candles are the next best thing when it comes to home fragrance.
The wood wicks used in our candles give off a subtle smoky aroma and have the authentic sound of a crackling wood log fire. They make an especially beautiful winter addition to the home and are absolutely perfect for Christmas!
Available on our website now: http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/thesecretscentsociete
Fragrance is my passion, and in my personal opinion there is hardly a better gift to receive or to give then a beautiful scented candle. It’s why I make them and it’s why I have lots of them! 😉
But, just as it’s easy to enjoy the delights and simplicity of a burning candle there are still some very important safety concerns to bare in mind when using them and I have taken the liberty to list some here.
Candle Safety Instructions
- Always keep a burning candle within your sight. Never leave it unattended and extinguish the candle when leaving the room or going to bed.
- Never burn a candle near anything flammable (bedding, curtains, books, paper, carpet, hair etc)
- Keep burning candles out of the reach of children and pets
- Trim candlewicks a 1/4 inch before burning. Long or uneven wicks can burn out before getting to the wax or cause dripping.
- Always use a candleholder specifically designed for candle use. It needs to be sturdy, heat resistant, and large enough to contain any drips or melted wax.
- Make sure your candle is placed on a flat, stable, heat resistant surface. This will help to minimise the impact of the glass shattering due to it becoming overheated.
- Keep the wax pool free of matches, debris or wick trimmings at all times.
- Always read and follow the candle manufacturers safety instructions carefully, and never burn the candle for longer then the recommended time.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts, ceiling fans, vents and air currents
- . This will help to prevent rapid uneven burning, flame flare ups or your candle being blown out.
- Always burn candles in a well ventilated room and don’t burn too many candles in a small room where air exchange is limited.
- Don’t burn a candle all the way down. Extinguish the flame if it comes too close to the wick holder or container. Discontinue burning the wax when it’s about 2 inches from the bottom.
- Never touch or move a burning candle when the wax is in liquid form.
Never use a sharp object like a knife to remove wax drippings from the holder as it could scratch the glass causing it to weaken or break.
Place burning candles at least 3 inches apart from each other.
Use a candle snuffer to extinguish your candle – this is the safest way to prevent hot wax splutters.
Never extinguish candles with water.
Extinguish a candle if it splutters, spits, smokes or if the flame becomes too high. The candle isn’t burning properly. Extinguish, cool, check for drafts then relight.
Never use a candle as a night light.
So, if you want to get the best out of your candle experience please follow these safety instructions carefully then you can enjoy an age old tradition in comfort, safety and luxury.
Happy Scenting* 🙂
Remember, all of our beautiful scented candles (and other fragrant goodies), can be bought online at notonthehighstreet! http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/thesecretscentsociete