And it went a little something like..

And it went a little something like..

THIS

Meadowfoam Soap 2

Meadowfoam Soap

I’m quite chuffed with the way it’s come out and it smells gloooorious! It’s a little bit wet at the moment – the rich oils I have used in it definitely need to be dried out so it might take a little longer then 4 weeks for the soaps to cure. But we’ll see. Cleaning up all of the equipment however, was a little more technical then I would have liked. I had to wait a day for all of the soap to dry up and then using gloves (as the soap is still caustic at this stage), I got rid of as much soap in the pots and pans and cutlery as possible and rinsed out the sodium hydroxide with water, then I put all of my soapmaking equipment into the dishwasher. There were lots of suds! But I had it on an intensive wash so I just let it run it’s course and when it was finished the suds had gone. I’m not sure whether or not this cleans the dishes entirely so that there is no poisonous residue and I don’t want to take the chance and get burnt so for now I’m going to continue to wear my gloves when handling both the clean and dirty soap equipment.

Tonight, I’m thinking of trying out another recipe, and another soapmaking technique.